February 29, 2012
I have termed this the "willy nilly" adventure because (again) I had no plan of what we were going to do. Even when L and I walked out the door and got in the car and started driving, I still had no idea. She had no ideas either. I had to get a couple of things at Target so decided we would start there. I got what I needed, and then we spent a lot of time up and down all of the toy aisles. When we were both sufficiently hungry, we went across the street to Gandolfo's New York Deli for a sandwich. We'd never been there before and L liked it. She loooooooves sandwiches!! Subway, Port of Subs, and now Gandolfo's top her list (even over Genghis Grill). After dinner we still had lots of time so we went to the Goodwill store and shopped around. I heard they had a great book section. They DO have a great book section! I didn't find anything I wanted, but we did look through the entire store. L wanted a game (I can't remember the name of it now), but I stood my ground with "no" and "remember what our contract says?" Our contract is our Big Brothers Big Sisters contract where it says that the little is not supposed to ask the big to buy them anything. That's tough for a kid, and probably a bit confusing, because sometimes I do buy her stuff. I just try not to do it when she asks for it so technically I'm not breaking the rules, right? :)
Until our next adventure . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment