Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2

May 31, 2011

Well, it’s the end of May and the weather is still not in spring mode—not by a long shot. It’s cold, it’s windy, it snowed like crazy two days ago; it’s definitely not let’s-do-something-outside weather. So, I thought of a couple of options and the first one I threw out there got a big YES right away. So off we went to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda 2. Oh, and this was after her Mom and I had to go looking for her outside—she was playing and forgot again that I was coming to pick her up (we really need to do something about that). But, I don’t get annoyed when she forgets, because when she sees me, I get that look—that excited, YAY!, eyes light up, big smile look. And then she comes running. And I love that!

We got to the theater, and by the time the movie started there were six people total in the entire theater (and that included us). The movie got off to a slow start and thankfully there was nobody else around us because L got very fidgety in her seat and then decided that she needed to put down all of the armrests in our row and the row in front of us and part of the row in front of that. Some of them went down with a bit of a bang and I had to shush her, but she continued more carefully and quietly. I let her go since the movie did pretty much suck and there really was nobody around she could bother (much). When she was satisfied at the number of downed armrests, she made her way back to her seat, settled down, and made it through the rest of the movie. I asked her part way through if she wanted to leave but she said we had to stay until the end. And we did, as excruciating as it was. The first Kung Fu Panda was soooooo much better.

After a couple of games in the theater arcade, we headed to dinner at Carinos, and after dinner we had time for one store. She chose Justice. We browsed around for a little while until it was time to go home. She didn’t want me to leave once I dropped her off and stalled by showing me her room (she recently changed the furniture around). She said I could spend the night but I had a thousand excuses why I couldn’t, and she had a thousand rebuttals why I could. Where am I going to sleep? In my bed and I’ll sleep on the couch. I don’t have pajamas. You can borrow from my mom. I don’t have a toothbrush. You can borrow one from my brother (supposedly he has a bag of new toothbrushes). I finally won when I came back with the BBBS rule…we can’t do sleepovers until we’re matched for one year. Hmph! Okay.

Until our next adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment