Tonight I thought we would have a little dinner and head to the mall for some window shopping. L didn’t have a preference of where we ate, and she said she liked Chinese food when I asked, so I thought we’d go to a Pho place I’d been to once before. I know, I know, Pho technically is not Chinese, it’s Vietnamese, but I thought for sure she’d find something Chinese-like about it and all would be fine. Well, I thought wrong. She ordered off the kids menu, she picked what she wanted (note to self--I should have double-checked what she ordered before she ordered it) and it wasn’t what she expected...soup, noodles, and some meat floating around in it. The meat was edible it seemed--she fished for the meat and ate it all-- but not the noodles or the broth. I even tasted the broth and I didn’t like it either so I don’t blame her.
After dinner we went to the mall and shopped around at all her favorite stores. It was a lot of fun--she wanted one of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. :) We went to Justice, the Disney Store, the girl’s section of a couple of department stores, the book store, and the pet store where she tried to pet a bulldog puppy in the window, but claimed her favorite was the “baby wiener dog.” When it was time to go, we headed down the Macy's escalator. At the bottom, she promptly ran back up to the top (thankfully nobody was behind us) and rode it down a second time. Hmmmm...was she stalling or just having fun or both?
Until our next adventure . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment