Today our adventure included the movie Gnomeo and Juliet, lunch at Pace’s Pizza Balls (L’s choice), and some shopping at The Summit mall. Spoiler alert! If you haven’t seen Gnomeo and Juliet yet and are planning to, stop reading here. I thought the movie was really cute. I kept waiting for the line “Oh Gnomeo, Gnomeo, wherefore art thou Gnomeo?” but it never came. I wasn't disappointed, though. I thought it was very cleverly written and fun. Although the movie followed the story of Romeo and Juliet, they did change the ending, and as most (well, maybe all) animated features, everybody lived happily ever after. There were a lot of references to other movies in the dialog; my favorite was the pink plastic flamingo’s line, “I may not be a smart bird, but I know what love is.” Because the movie’s executive producer is Elton John, all of the music was his and there were several references to him throughout the movie. L got a bit bored in the middle when things slowed down, but all in all she said she really liked it. We both liked the big dance number at the end and we gave the movie two thumbs up!!
| Trouble. |
Until our next adventure . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment