Monday, December 5, 2011

Gingerbread House

December 5, 2011

Continuing with the Christmas theme, I brought L back to my house tonight for a little gingerbread house construction and decorating. I bought a kit; everything's in the box, including the already-baked house in only 7 pieces, white icing, a variety of candies for decorating, a handy plastic tray, and more preservatives than a Twinkie (well, maybe not quite that many). Following the illustrated instructions on the box, I "glued" the house together while L watched (she wasn't quite into that part, she just wanted to get to the decorating). She also wasn't quite into using the icing bag with the too-big hole that I cut so the icing came out like toothpaste instead of  tiny, decorating-a-gingerbread-house size. Oh well. L wasn't phased by the terrible icing application, she was just waiting to get those candies on there. And she did such a great job of it!

Playing with the trains before gingerbread construction begins.
Construction complete, decorating has begun!
Decorating in progress.
The finished product!
Close-up of the creativity!
Caught nibbling on the drive home!
Until our next adventure . . . which I think is going to be this...a 9-foot tall gingerbread house at the Grand Sierra Resort. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment