Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Toys, Stir-fry, and Yogurt!

November 8, 2011

Tonight I didn't have any special activity planned so when I picked L up, I asked her what she wanted to do. Her go-to place is always Learning Express Toys. She loves going there just to check out everything on the shelves and play with all of the demo toys. The employees are welcoming and always ask if we need help finding something. "No thanks," I tell them. "We're just here to play." We spent an hour there and I kind of felt bad leaving without buying something, but don't tell L that. Ha Ha!!
Creating (magnetic) ice cream cones on the chalkboard table.
Building a home for a princess with a pet unicorn in the tiny sandbox.
After hitting every demo toy and every corner of the store, we headed to Genghis Grill, a new restaurant in the same strip mall as the toy store. Genghis Grill is a build-your-own-bowl Mongolian stir fry place and it was super yummy. When they seat you, they give you a bowl that you fill with all the meat and veggies and spices that you want. You also grab a side of the sauce that you want and take everything to the cooks at the counter. They stir fry your creation to perfection and deliver it to your table. It was fun to try and we will probably be going back because we both really liked it. Last but not least -- even though it was 40-something degrees outside -- we had dessert at Yogurt Beach before it was time to go home.

Until our next adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment