Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

October 19, 2011

What is Halloween without pumpkin carving? Tonight we had a little pizza and pumpkin carving party at home. Honorary Big, G, was with us too. While the pizza cooked (take and bake) I cleaned out each of the pumpkins and L chose her pattern. Of all of the patterns in the book, she chose a very intricate one; one that I thought would never get finished in the few hours that we had. After we ate, we got started on the carving. Since I chose one of the easiest patterns, I was done first, then moved on to be photographer and official helper. To my surprise, Honorary Big G and Little L both got their more difficult patterns completed and we had fun photographing them outside in the dark.
Cleaning the pumpkin.
Eeeeewwww!! Pumpkin guts!
Getting started on the intricate design.
Cutting and carving and cutting and carving . . .
The finished products!
Happy Halloween!
Until our next adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment