Thursday, April 14, 2011

Light Art

April 14, 2011

Today I thought we'd go to the Nevada Museum of Art to see the Animating Light exhibit by Leo Villareal. I’d already seen it and wanted to take her because I thought she would really like it -- lots of flashing lights and changing colors. “Is it going to be boring?” was her first question. “No, it’s going to be really cool,” I promised. She said that she’d been to the museum before with her friend and her friend’s Big, and she recognized the place right away when we pulled up. We had the place to ourselves (it was just about an hour before closing) and she blew through the exhibit in record time. I think she spent 10 seconds looking at each piece. “Is this just Part A?”  “Um, no, this is the whole thing.” Good thing I’m a member (free entry) and kids under 12 are only a buck. We did a short photo shoot for posterity (she never says no to taking photos and photos are allowed at this exhibit), did a quick stroll through the museum store, and off we went. We had a sandwich for dinner (her choice) and visited Barnes & Noble (complete with a couple of escalator rides) and we called it an evening.





Until our next adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment