April 26, 2011
Tonight we attended a performance of KidScape Productions, a suggestion I found in the Big Brothers Big Sisters newsletter. I had never heard of KidScape Productions, and didn’t know what to expect, but thought we’d give it a try. You just never know, right?
I picked L up at about 4:45 pm and we had some time to kill before the show so we went to hang out at the mall for a little while. We had a quick bite at the food court and then hit Build-a-Bear and the Disney Store before it was time to head out. We got to the venue (The Studio on 4th), and when I saw lots of cars but no people it suddenly dawned on me that the show started at 6:00 and not 6:30. Doh! Thank goodness we were 10 minutes early, because we were really only 20 minutes late. We walked into the super-dark room, show-in-progress, and felt our way to a (hopefully) empty seat.
| I know, not a good picture at all, iPhone cameras do not do well in the dark, but you get the idea, right? |
L saw the kids on stage and was immediately engaged. KidScape Productions is an improvisational acting school and this performance was the kids’ last performance of the season. If you have seen the show “Whose Line is it Anyway?”, whether the British version or the American version, this was the same thing, all performed by local kids of all ages, sizes, shapes, and colors. All of the kids did an AMAZING job! It was so impressive and really, really cool!! L just LOVED it! After each skit she would turn to me and say “That was so funny!” or “That was so cool!” I agreed wholeheartedly.
During the show the teacher spotted us and came up to introduce herself (her eyes were obviously already adjusted to the dark). After the show, L wanted to go meet her again and talk to her about joining the fun. I think she was bit by the acting bug.
Until our next adventure . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment