Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Art, Books, Dinner, Dessert!

January 11, 2011

Tonight we took a trip to the South Valleys Library, not for their craft program (surprise surprise), but to see a friend's photography exhibit currently on display. The exhibit is titled Nevada's Wildlife Heritage and the artist/photographer is Larry Neel, a friend and colleague. There were several pieces to ponder, and although I knew we wouldn't be there for hours looking at them (I realize pondering art isn't what an energetic 9-year old dreams of doing), I at least thought we'd spend more than 48 seconds total (yes, total) at the exhibit. Okay, I may be exaggerating. She did take the time to read the signs--which told us the species and where the photo was taken, she signed the guest book, and she chose her favorite, the coyote, when I asked. My favorite was the American Avocets.
Signing the guest book.
Her favorite, the coyote, because it's her school mascot.
Partial view of the exhibit.

We spent some time in the library afterwards, looking at books and other pieces of art. Then it was off to Genghis Grill (I had a 2 for 1 coupon this time) and a little dessert at Yogurt Beach. Somehow she always saves room for dessert. :)

Until our next adventure . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment