June 13, 2011
Today was another beautiful day – a must-do-something-outside day. I decided we were going to go to the pool but we had things to do before swimming, namely eating. We were both very hungry and instead of going out to eat, I thought I would cook dinner at home. On the way home, we picked up last week’s projects at Clay Canvas, which came out very cute. I forgot to take a photo of the mug I made for her, but she loved it. Here is the dish she made for me. I love it!!
![]() |
| The top - My name and the year are in there. Cute, huh? |
![]() |
| Can you read it? "You are the best." Awwwww. |
To keep her busy while I made dinner, she painted a rock for our garden. Our courtyard is full of drab gray rocks and to add a bit of color, we have painted a few of them. I thought it would be fun for L to have one too. I only have five paint colors, the primary colors, black, and white, so we had a little lesson in color-mixing too. I wonder what happens if you add red and yellow, and blue, and black, and white? The result was some shade of purple.
After our spaghetti dinner we finished her rock, and the rock she wanted me to paint, and headed to the pool. Our community pool is very kid-friendly with a great slide and waterfalls. We had a lot of fun swimming around, diving for rings, and going down the slide. After about an hour, we dried off, changed, played in the mini-playground for a few minutes and headed out.
Until our next adventure . . .


No comments:
Post a Comment