February 3, 2011
I got the call today! I have been matched and am officially going to be a BIG! I signed up to be a BIG through Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northern Nevada on November 19, 2010. I had been thinking about doing this for a couple of years but kept thinking of excuses not to. Now I can't think of a legitimate excuse not to. Now, 2 1/2 months later, I'm matched and ready to go on the next step of this adventure.
BBBS called and left a message while I was in a work meeting. I called back at a break in the meeting and she told me they had a match for me. My mind was so distracted the remainder of the meeting and all through lunch. I just couldn't wait to get home to call back and get all the details.
When I called back later in the afternoon, my match support specialist told me all about my LITTLE. She had been matched with a BIG before but that BIG moved away so she's been BIG-less for several months. She was described to me as talkative and bossy and a princess that likes to do girly things. Sounds perfect!!
Here goes . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment