February 15, 2011
This was our 2nd outing together and we went to the South Valleys Library for their craft program. Neither of us had been to this before so didn't know what to expect. When we got there, there was one other girl there with her mom working away on their project. We were greeted and shown the different stations where we could make a Mardi Gras mask, a Chinese lantern, or a Chinese dragon. L chose the mask and got right to work. She told me that I should make one too, so I chose one and started coloring (I secretly looooove coloring so didn't skip a beat when she suggested I make one). L and the other little girl ran back and forth from table to table to show each other their projects and we learned they were the same age (2 months apart). L quickly finished coloring her mask, cut it out, decorated it and was on to the next project, the Chinese lantern, as I was still coloring my mask. After the lantern, we moved on to the dragon and within about an hour and 15 minutes, all three projects were completed (I only completed the mask). L seemed very happy and was having lots of fun and wanted to make sure we had time to look at the books in the library too. We moved all of our stuff to a small table in the kids part of the library and she was immediately up and about finding books to bring back and read. We sat at the table as she read aloud to me...it was wonderful. She's so smart and such a great reader. We read about bugs and about worried Wembley (I think that was her name) and finally Little Ms. Fickle. Little Ms. Fickle got looooong and L got tired and asked if she could skip to the end. She put the books back exactly where she found them (such good manners) and then we took a little tour of the rest of the library. We looked at the teacup display, the high-school student's artwork hanging in the lobby, took a quick stroll through the rest of the library and made our way to the exit. It was a super windy night, so we held all of our craft projects tight and ran to the car. On the way home she asked me, "After we've been matched for a year, can I spend the night at your house?" I told her, "I would LOVE that!" I'm guessing she feels comfortable with me. And that makes me happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment